Finally was able to take the new rig out for a float but not without making a few enhancements to ensure that rod and reel didn’t go overboard between fishy looking runs. Lots of ideas but in the end I settled for a piece of *blank*, *blank*, a piece of *blank*, and a *blank*. Clean and simple. Sorry I can’t show you the prototype cause I’m gonna patent this thing and retire off the profits.
The new rig is a keeper for sure. Jay came with and borrowed a friend’s rig. Once we got over the initial awkwardness of the pool toys we were able to slide into any spot we wanted. Good for us…bad for you know who.